- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/2 cup canned vanilla or chocolate frosting
- Red and/or green paste food coloring (optional)
- 3 tablespoons finely crushed striped round peppermint candies
- 44 chocolate wafers
1. In a small mixing bowl stir together frosting, food coloring (if desired), and crushed candies. Spread 1 level teaspoon frosting mixture each on flat side of 22 of the chocolate wafers. Top with the remaining chocolate wafers, flat side toward frosting mixture. Roll edges of cookie sandwiches in additional crushed candies, if desired. Store cookies in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Makes 22 cookie sandwiches.
2. To Present This Gift... Stack three or four sandwiches and place in dish. Tie stack with ribbon to secure. Trim ribbon ends, if desired.
3. Also try this... Place a small candy cane in the ribbon while tying the bow.
- Round shallow dish, ribbon, and scissors.