Chocolate-Crusted Chocolate Tarts
- Preheat oven to 325 degree F. Prepare Chocolate-Hazelnut Tart Shells; set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl combine chocolate, cream, and milk. Microwave, uncovered, on 100 percent power (high) for 3 to 4 minutes or until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth, stirring once each minutes. Stir in honey. Or, place chocolate in a medium-bowl. Set aside. In a small saucepan combine cream and milk. Bring to boiling. Pour over chocolate. Stir until chocolate is melted. Stir in honey.)
- Place egg in another medium bowl. Gradually stir hot chocolate mixture into beaten egg. Pour into tart shells.
- Bake 25 minutes. Cool slightly on wire rack for 30 minutes. Serve warm. If desired, garnish with coarsely chopped hazelnuts (filberts). Makes 12 servings.
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Lightly coat 12 - 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In a medium bowl stir together melted butter, sugar, chocolate wafer crumbs, and ground hazelnuts. Press into the bottom and sides of prepared muffin cups. Bake for 5 minutes. Using the bottom of a 1/4 or 1/3 cup dry measuring cup, lightly press down bottoms of crusts. Set aside while making filling.
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate-Crusted Chocolate Tarts)
- Per serving:
- 379 kcal cal.,
- 28 g fat
- (14 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 11 g monounsatured fat),
- 59 mg chol.,
- 218 mg sodium,
- 33 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 21 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet