Chocolate-Crusted Chocolate Tarts
Chocolate-Hazelnut Tart Shells (see recipe below)
ounces 85-percent-cocoa chocolate or bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
cup whipping cream
tablespoons flavored honey (raspberry, cinnamon, or ginger)
egg, lightly beaten
Halved or chopped hazelnuts (filberts) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degree F. Prepare Chocolate-Hazelnut Tart Shells; set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl combine chocolate, cream, and milk. Microwave, uncovered, on 100 percent power (high) for 3 to 4 minutes or until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth, stirring once each minutes. Stir in honey. Or, place chocolate in a medium-bowl. Set aside. In a small saucepan combine cream and milk. Bring to boiling. Pour over chocolate. Stir until chocolate is melted. Stir in honey.)
- Place egg in another medium bowl. Gradually stir hot chocolate mixture into beaten egg. Pour into tart shells.
- Bake 25 minutes. Cool slightly on wire rack for 30 minutes. Serve warm. If desired, garnish with coarsely chopped hazelnuts (filberts). Makes 12 servings.
cup melted butter
cups crushed chocolate wafer crumbs (about 32 cookies)
cup ground hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Lightly coat 12 - 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In a medium bowl stir together melted butter, sugar, chocolate wafer crumbs, and ground hazelnuts. Press into the bottom and sides of prepared muffin cups. Bake for 5 minutes. Using the bottom of a 1/4 or 1/3 cup dry measuring cup, lightly press down bottoms of crusts. Set aside while making filling.
Nutrition Facts(Chocolate-Crusted Chocolate Tarts)
- Per serving:
- 379 kcal cal.,
- 28 g fat
- (14 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 11 g monounsatured fat),
- 59 mg chol.,
- 218 mg sodium,
- 33 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 21 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet