Upload your photo here.
Chocolate Bread Pudding
- Lightly coat the inside of a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until very warm but not boiling. Remove from heat. Add chocolate pieces and the 3/4 cup cocoa powder (do not stir); let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk until smooth; cool slightly (about 10 minutes).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and chocolate mixture. Gently stir in bread cubes. Transfer bread mixture to the prepared cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting (do not use high-heat setting) for about 2 1/2 hours or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean (mixture will puff).
- Remove liner from cooker, if possible, or turn off cooker. Let pudding stand, uncovered, for 30 minutes to cool slightly before serving (pudding will fall as it cools).
- To serve, spoon warm pudding into dessert dishes. If desired, top each serving with whipped cream and sprinkle with additional presweetened cocoa powder.
From the Test Kitchen
For easy cleanup:
Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker. Once the food is out of your slow cooker liner, simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport liner with food inside.
*Test Kitchen Tip:
To dry bread cubes, spread fresh bread cubes in a single layer in a 15 1/2x10 1/2x1-inch baking pan. Bake, uncovered, in a 300 degrees F oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until cubes are dry, stirring twice. Cool. (Cubes will continue to dry and crisp as they cool.)
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate Bread Pudding)
- Per serving:
- 360 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 95 mg chol.,
- 214 mg sodium,
- 62 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 32 g sugar,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet