Blueberry-Raspberry Tart with Lemon Cream
recipe Lemon Cream
cup quick-cooking rolled oats
8 ounce package reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
teaspoon baking soda
teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
cups fresh blueberries
cups fresh raspberries
- Prepare Lemon Cream at least 24 hours before preparing tart.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. For dough, in a small bowl combine oats, whole wheat pastry flour, and all-purpose flour; set aside. In a large mixing bowl combine cream cheese and butter; beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, baking soda, and salt; beat until combined. Beat in as much of the oat mixture as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining oat mixture and the lemon peel. Form dough into a ball.
- Pat dough onto bottom and up the sides of a lightly greased 10-inch tart pan witha removable bottom. Prick dough on the bottom with a fork. Line dough with a double thickness of foil.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove foil. Bake about 8 minutes more or until crust is dry and lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Remove sides of tart pan. Place crust on a serving platter. Spread Lemon Cream evenly in the bottom of the crust. Top with blueberries and raspberries.
- Chill tart, loosely covered, for up to 1 hour. To serve, cut into wedges.
16 ounce carton plain lowfat or fat-free yogurt*
cup lemon curd
- Line a yogurt strainer, sieve, or small colander with three layers of 100%-cotton-cheesecloth or a clean paper coffee filter; place over a large bowl. Spoon one 16-ounce carton plain lowfat or fat-free yogurt* into strainer. Cover with plastic wrap; chill for 24 hours. Discard liquid in bowl. In a small bowl stir together the yogurt and 1/3 cup lemon curd. Cover and chill for up to 3 days. Makes about 1-1/3 cups.
From the Test Kitchen
Be sure to use a brand of yogurt that contains no gums, gelatin, or fillers. These ingredients may prevent the whey from separating from the curd to make yogurt cheese.
Nutrition Facts(Blueberry-Raspberry Tart with Lemon Cream)
- Per serving:
- 216 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 30 mg chol.,
- 182 mg sodium,
- 31 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet