Clafouti (kla-foo-TEE), is a French fruit dessert topped with a batter and baked. Cherries are the classic fruit of choice, but you can use most any fruit.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Bake: 20 mins to 25 mins 375°F
- Cool: 30 mins
- In a large mixing bowl combine egg whites, whole egg, granulated sugar, honey, liqueur, vanilla, and salt; beat with a wire whisk or an electric mixer on low speed until light and frothy. Stir in the yogurt until mixture is smooth. Add flour; beat until mixture is smooth.
- Grease six 6-ounce individual quiche dishes. Arrange berries in bottom of dish. Spoon batter over berries. (Batter will not cover berries completely.) Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until center appears set when shaken. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, if desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Berry Clafouti)
- Per serving:
- 141 kcal cal.,
- 1 g fat
- 36 mg chol.,
- 76 mg sodium,
- 27 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet