Bananas Foster Mini Pies
tablespoon granulated sugar
tablespoons cold water
medium banana, peeled and chopped (about 3/4 cup)
cup caramel-flavored ice cream topping
cup chopped pecans, toasted
teaspoon ground cinnamon
tablespoon butter, melted
Powdered sugar (optional)
- Lightly grease a baking sheet; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat the 1/3 cup softened butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar and salt. Beat for 3 minutes on medium speed. Add egg and the 2 tablespoons water; beat until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in remaining flour. Shape dough into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap; chill about 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. For filling, in a medium bowl, combine banana, caramel topping, pecans, bourbon, and cinnamon.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough to 1/8 inch thick. Using a 4-inch round cutter, cut the dough into rounds, rerolling scraps as necessary. Place about 1 tablespoon of the filling in the center of each round. Brush edges of pastry circles with a little water. Fold the dough in half over filling and press edges with a fork to seal. Place pies on the prepared baking sheet. Brush pies with the 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until lightly browned. If desired, sift powdered sugar over pies. Serve warm. Makes 12 to 15 pies.
From the Test Kitchen
*Test Kitchen Tip:
If you prefer sweets without a bite, reduce the cayenne pepper to a dash or omit it.
Nutrition Facts(Bananas Foster Mini Pies)
- Per serving:
- 168 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 34 mg chol.,
- 111 mg sodium,
- 21 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet