- Makes: 9 servings
- Serving Size: 1 2-inch square
- Prep: 15 mins
- Chill: 4 hrs to 24 hrs
- Bake: 5 mins 375°F
Banana Cream Pie Squares
reduced-fat vanilla wafers
tablespoons tub-style vegetable oil spread with 40% to 50% fat
cups fat-free milk
4-serving size package fat-free, sugar-free vanilla or banana cream instant pudding mix
8 ounce container frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
large bananas, sliced
teaspoons lemon juice
Frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed and/or toasted sliced almonds (optional)
- In a food processor, place vanilla wafers. Cover and process until finely crushed. Add vegetable oil spread. Cover and process until mixture begins to cling together. Transfer to a 2-quart square baking dish and press to cover the bottom of the dish. Bake in a 375 degrees F for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk and pudding mix. Whisk for 1 to 2 minutes or until pudding is thickened. Fold in the 1/2 of a container dessert topping until combined.
- In a medium bowl toss the 4 sliced bananas with lemon juice to coat. Layer half the banana slices over the cooled crust. Top with half the pudding mixture. Repeat with remaining bananas and pudding. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.
- To serve, cut into 9 squares. If desired, garnish with additional dessert topping and/or sliced almonds.
Nutrition Facts (Banana Cream Pie Squares)
- Per serving:
- 179 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 6 mg chol.,
- 231 mg sodium,
- 31 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 16 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet