Nonstick cooking spray
cup rolled oats
cup toasted wheat germ
cup packed brown sugar or brown sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup brown sugar
teaspoons ground cinnamon
cup unsalted butter, melted
green cooking apples (such as Granny Smith)
red cooking apples (such as Gala, Rome Beauty, or Fuji)
tablespoons lime juice
medium mangoes, pitted, peeled, and chopped
cup chopped pecans
Frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Coat two 1-1/2- or 2-quart baking dishes or a 3-quart rectangular baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- For topping, in a medium bowl, stir together 1/2 cup of the flour, the oats, wheat germ, brown sugar or substitute, and cinnamon. Stir in butter; set aside.
- Core and chop apples; place in a very large bowl. Stir in lime juice. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup flour. Fold in mango.
- Place apple-mango mixture in the baking dish(es). Top with oat topping. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with pecans; bake for 10 to 15 minutes more or until apples are tender.
- Cool slightly. Serve warm. If desired, top with dessert topping. Makes 16 (3/4-cup) servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Choose from Sweet 'N Low Brown or Sugar Twin Granulated Brown. Follow the package directions to use amount equivalent to 1/2 cup brown sugar.
Nutrition Facts(Apple-Mango Crisp)
- Per serving:
- 164 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 8 mg chol.,
- 2 mg sodium,
- 28 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet