- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar or brown sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 green cooking apples (such as Granny Smith)
- 2 red cooking apples (such as Gala, Rome Beauty, or Fuji)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 medium mangoes, pitted, peeled, and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Coat two 1-1/2- or 2-quart baking dishes or a 3-quart rectangular baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. For topping, in a medium bowl, stir together 1/2 cup of the flour, the oats, wheat germ, brown sugar or substitute, and cinnamon. Stir in butter; set aside.
3. Core and chop apples; place in a very large bowl. Stir in lime juice. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup flour. Fold in mango.
4. Place apple-mango mixture in the baking dish(es). Top with oat topping. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with pecans; bake for 10 to 15 minutes more or until apples are tender.
5. Cool slightly. Serve warm. If desired, top with dessert topping. Makes 16 (3/4-cup) servings.
- Choose from Sweet 'N Low Brown or Sugar Twin Granulated Brown. Follow the package directions to use amount equivalent to 1/2 cup brown sugar.
- Servings Per Recipe 16,
- cal. (kcal) 164,
- Fat, total (g) 6,
- chol. (mg) 8,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 28,
- fiber (g) 3,
- pro. (g) 3,
- sodium (mg) 2,
- Fruit () 1,
- Starch () 1,
- Other Carb () 1,
- Fat () 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet