Use a slow cooker to make this favorite dessert. It's easy and frees up the stovetop and oven when cooking other dishes to serve during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 6 hrs to 7 hrs (high) or 3 to 3-1/2 hours (low)
- Bake: 8 mins to 10 mins 375°F
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart crockery cooker stir together sugar, tapioca, and apple pie spice. Stir in the apple slices, undrained canned cherries, and dried cherries until combined.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-setting for 3 to 3-1/2 hours. To serve, divide cherry-apple mixture among 6 to 8 shallow dessert dishes. Top with Spiced Triangles and ice cream or half-and-half, if desired. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- In a bowl combine sugar and apple pie spice. Unroll refrigerated crescent rolls. Separate triangles. Brush tops with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar-cinnamon mixture. Cut each triangle into 3 triangles. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts (Apple-Cherry Cobbler)
- Per serving:
- 387 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 5 mg chol.,
- 333 mg sodium,
- 75 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet