- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3 slices firm-textured whole-grain bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (3-1/2 cups)
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons raisins or snipped pitted prunes
- 1 12 ounce can evaporated skim milk
- 1/2 cup frozen egg product, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 recipe Nutmeg Sauce (see Recipe Center)
1. In a 2-quart square baking dish arrange bread cubes, chopped apple, and raisins or prunes.
2. In a medium mixing bowl combine evaporated skim milk, egg product, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until well mixed. Pour over bread mixture; let stand for 10 minutes. Cover with foil.
3. Bake in a 325 degree F oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil; bake for 20 to 25 minutes more or until a knife inserted in center of pudding comes out clean. Cool slightly on wire rack. Serve pudding warm with Nutmeg Sauce. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 214,
- Fat, total (g) 5,
- chol. (mg) 2,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 37,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 7,
- sodium (mg) 198,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet