- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 recipeAlmond Icing (see recipe below)
- Small multicolored decorative candies (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl combine eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Beat in as much of the flour mixture as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour mixture.
3. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.
5. When cookies are cool, spread with Almond Icing. If desired, sprinkle lightly with multicolored candies. Makes about 60 cookies.
- Place in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store iced cookies at room temperature for up to 3 days. Freeze undecorated cookies for up to 3 months. Thaw cookies, then decorate.
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 - 2 tablespoons milk
- Food coloring (optional)
1. In a medium bowl stir together powdered sugar, almond extract, and milk to make icing of spreading consistency. If desired, tint with food coloring.
- Servings Per Recipe 60,
- cal. (kcal) 54,
- Fat, total (g) 2,
- chol. (mg) 11,
- carb. (g) 8,
- pro. (g) 1,
- sodium (mg) 39,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet