- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet; set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl combine eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Beat in as much of the flour mixture as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour mixture.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.
- When cookies are cool, spread with Almond Icing. If desired, sprinkle lightly with multicolored candies. Makes about 60 cookies.
From the Test Kitchen
Place in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store iced cookies at room temperature for up to 3 days. Freeze undecorated cookies for up to 3 months. Thaw cookies, then decorate.
- In a medium bowl stir together powdered sugar, almond extract, and milk to make icing of spreading consistency. If desired, tint with food coloring.
Nutrition Facts (Almond Sweets)
- Per serving:
- 54 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- 11 mg chol.,
- 39 mg sodium,
- 8 g carb.,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet