- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 recipe Almond Glaze (see recipe below)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line thirty-six 1-3/4-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, melt and stir brown sugar and butter over medium heat until smooth. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Stir in egg, almond extract, and vanilla.
3. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Add flour mixture to butter mixture; stir just until combined. Stir in 1/3 cup of the chopped almonds.
4. Spoon batter into paper bake cups, filling each half full. Sprinkle tops with the remaining chopped almonds.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 13 to 15 minutes or until tops are lightly browned. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin pans; cool. Drizzle cooled cookies with Almond Glaze. Makes 36 cookie bites.
- Layer cookie bites between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 - 3 teaspoons milk
1. In a small bowl combine powdered sugar and almond extract. Stir in enough milk to make glaze drizzling consistency.