Deluxe Caramel-Nut Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with heavy foil, extending foil over the edges of the pan. Lightly grease foil; set pan aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add melted chocolate, beating until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Beat in flour. Stir in chocolate pieces and pecans.
- Spread half of the batter evenly in the prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a medium heavy saucepan heat and stir caramels and milk over medium-low heat until melted and smooth. Drizzle melted caramels over partially baked brownies. Spread remaining brownie batter evenly over caramel layer.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes more or until edges are set and top appears dry. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Use foil to lift uncut brownies out of pan. Using a hot knife, cut into bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer bars between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Deluxe Caramel-Nut Brownies )
- Per serving:
- 259 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 42 mg chol.,
- 73 mg sodium,
- 32 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 24 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet