Dark Chocolate Chip-Granola Cookies
These chewy, crowd-pleasing drop cookies are perfect to keep in the freezer for last-minute guests.
- Yields: About 48 cookies
- Prep: 20 mins
- Bake: 10 mins 350°F per batch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Gradually add flour mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in chocolate pieces, granola, and oats.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons or a small cookie scoop 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to a wire rack; cool.
Prepare as directed through Step 2. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons or a small cookie scoop onto ungreased cookie sheets. Freeze until firm. Transfer frozen dough mounds to an airtight container or freezer bag; cover or seal. Freeze for up to 3 months.
To serve, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place frozen dough mounds about 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 14 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to a wire rack; cool.
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Per serving:
- 143 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 19 mg chol.,
- 108 mg sodium,
- 20 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 12 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet