Dark Chocolate Chip-Granola Cookies
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, salt, and baking soda; set aside. In a large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Gradually add flour mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in chocolate pieces, granola, and oats. (To serve now, omit Step 2 and continue as directed in Step 3.)
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons or small cookie scoop onto cookie sheets. Freeze until firm. Remove frozen dough mounds from cookie sheets. Place in an airtight freezer container; cover. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside. Place dough mounds about 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheets for 1 minute. Transfer to wire racks; cool. (To serve today, omit Step 4.)
- Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw cookies before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Dark Chocolate Chip-Granola Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 143 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 19 mg chol.,
- 108 mg sodium,
- 20 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 12 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet