- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 6 ounces chocolate-flavor candy coating, chopped (1 cup)
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 2 cups chopped assorted chocolate candy bars, such as chocolate-coated caramel-topped nougat bars with peanuts, chocolate-covered English toffee, chocolate-covered peanut butter cups, or malted milk balls
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, chopped
1. Line a large baking sheet with heavy foil; grease foil. Set aside. In a large microwave-safe bowl combine candy coating, chocolate, and shortening. Microwave, uncovered, on 100 percent power (high) for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until chocolate melts, stirring every 30 seconds.
2. Stir 1 cup of the assorted chopped candy bars and the peanuts into melted chocolate mixture. Pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet. Spread mixture into an even layer about 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup chopped candy bars; lightly press pieces into chocolate.
3. Chill about 30 minutes or until firm. Use foil to lift candy out of pan. Using a sharp knife, cut candy into pieces.
- Layer pieces of candy bark between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Prepare as directed, except substitute vanilla-flavor candy coating for the chocolate-flavor candy coating; chopped white baking chocolate for the dark chocolate; and chopped, toasted slivered almonds for the salted peanuts.
- Nutrition Facts per serving: 108 cal., 1 g protein, 12 g carb., 6 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 0 g fiber, 0% vitamin A, 0% vitamin C, 27 mg sodium, 2% calcium, 1% iron
- cal. (kcal) 112,
- Fat, total (g) 6,
- chol. (mg) 2,
- sat. fat (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 12,
- Monosaturated fat (g) 2,
- Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1,
- fiber (g) 1,
- sugar (g) 7,
- pro. (g) 2,
- Thiamin (mg) 0,
- Riboflavin (mg) 0,
- Niacin (mg) 1,
- Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0,
- Folate (µg) 4,
- sodium (mg) 29,
- Potassium (mg) 72,
- calcium (mg) 10,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet