- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon roasted ground cumin or ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 - 5 boneless chicken thighs (about 1 pound total)
- 1 medium orange, sliced into four rounds
- 1 8 1/4 ounce can mandarin orange sections in light syrup
- 4 small whole wheat naan breads* (2 oz per naan or less)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery (1 stalk)
1. Coat a 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In a small bowl combine curry powder, ginger, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, crushed red pepper, and salt. Sprinkle evenly over both sides of chicken thighs; rub in with your fingers.
2. Arrange the orange slices on bottom of slow cooker, if necessary, overlapping slightly. Top with chicken thighs.
3. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/4 hours.
4. Transfer chicken to a cutting board. Using two forks pull chicken apart into shreds. Remove and discard the orange slices, leaving the pan drippings in slow cooker. Return chicken to pan drippings.** Stir in the mandarin orange sections.
5. Serve chicken mixture on naan bread. Top with celery; roll up to eat.
- Look for whole wheat naan in the bread section of your grocery store. Substitute in flat bread if you are unable to find naan.
- If you like, serve chicken without pan drippings.
- cal. (kcal) 357,
- Fat, total (g) 7,
- chol. (mg) 94,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 44,
- Monosaturated fat (g) 1,
- Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1,
- fiber (g) 7,
- sugar (g) 14,
- pro. (g) 30,
- vit. A (IU) 729,
- vit. C (mg) 29,
- Thiamin (mg) 0,
- Riboflavin (mg) 0,
- Niacin (mg) 8,
- Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0,
- Folate (µg) 32,
- Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0,
- sodium (mg) 461,
- Potassium (mg) 439,
- calcium (mg) 61,
- iron (mg) 4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet