Curry Rub Chicken Wraps
- Coat a 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In a small bowl combine curry powder, ginger, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, crushed red pepper, and salt. Sprinkle evenly over both sides of chicken thighs; rub in with your fingers.
- Arrange the orange slices on bottom of slow cooker, if necessary, overlapping slightly. Top with chicken thighs.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/4 hours.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board. Using two forks pull chicken apart into shreds. Remove and discard the orange slices, leaving the pan drippings in slow cooker. Return chicken to pan drippings.** Stir in the mandarin orange sections.
- Serve chicken mixture on naan bread. Top with celery; roll up to eat.
From the Test Kitchen
Look for whole wheat naan in the bread section of your grocery store. Substitute in flat bread if you are unable to find naan.
If you like, serve chicken without pan drippings.
Nutrition Facts (Curry Rub Chicken Wraps)
- Per serving:
- 357 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 94 mg chol.,
- 461 mg sodium,
- 44 g carb.,
- 7 g fiber,
- 14 g sugar,
- 30 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet