Curried Wild Rice Salad
- In a medium saucepan combine the water, wild rice, and brown rice. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 40 minutes or until rice is tender; drain if necessary.
- Transfer rice to a large bowl and let cool to room temperature. Add peas, sweet pepper, green onions, and currants to rice mixture.
- In a screw-top jar combine oil, orange peel, orange juice, honey, curry powder, and salt. Cover and shake well.
- Pour dressing over rice mixture in bowl. Gently toss to combine. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.
- Let salad stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. If desired, sprinkle with chopped peanuts just before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Curried Wild Rice Salad)
- Per serving:
- 155 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 153 mg sodium,
- 25 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet