Curried Carrot Butter
- In a 5-quart heavy pot combine carrots and the water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 45 minutes or until carrots are very tender. Drain carrots, reserving cooking water. Cool carrots slightly.
- Working in batches, transfer carrots to a blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Return pureed carrots to pot. Stir in the reserved cooking water, coconut milk, honey, lime juice, curry powder, ginger, and salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. SImmer, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring frequently (if mixture spatters, reduce heat further).
- Ladle carrot butter into half-pint canning jars, airtight storage containers, or freezer containers, leaving a 1/2-inch headspace. Cool for 30 minutes. Seal and label.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 6 months.
Nutrition Facts (Curried Carrot Butter)
- Per serving:
- 44 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 38 mg sodium,
- 7 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Elizabeth Maurer 1092 Days Ago
I can't fathom EIGHT CUPS carrots and THREE CUPS water ends up being only TWELVE TABLESPOONS of "curried carrot butter". I just don't think that is possible.