Yam and Jam Muffins
- Lightly grease twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin cups or line with paper bake cups; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, apple pie spice, and salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
- In another bowl mash the drained sweet potatoes with a fork. Stir in egg, milk, jam, and oil. Add sweet potato mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy).
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about three-fourths full. Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden and a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups. Cool slightly. Drizzle muffins with Jam Icing and, if desired, top with additional jam or preserves. Makes 12 muffins.
- In a small bowl stir together powdered sugar, fruit jam or preserves, vanilla, and enough milk (2 to 3 teaspoons) to make icing of drizzling consistency. Makes about 1/4 cup.
Nutrition Facts (Yam and Jam Muffins)
- Per serving:
- 215 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 19 mg chol.,
- 174 mg sodium,
- 39 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet