- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 package 2-layer-size white cake mix
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, cut up and softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Sugared Rosemary and Cranberries (optional)
- Crushed purchased chocolate-cranberry biscotti
1. For frosting, in a medium saucepan combine whipping cream and chocolate. Cook, stirring occasionally, over low heat until chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Transfer to a large mixing bowl; cover and refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 2 hours.
2. Meanwhile, grease and flour two 9x1-1/2-inch or 8x1-1/2-inch round cake pans; set aside. Prepare cake mix according to package directions using egg whites. Spoon about 1-1/2 cups of batter into each cake pan. Sift cocoa over batter remaining in bowl; stir until blended. Spoon on cake mix in pans; swirl gently to marble and to spread batter evenly. Bake according to package directions except check cakes several minutes before minimum time indicated on package.* Let cakes cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove cakes from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
3. Add cream cheese to chilled white chocolate mixture; beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until sugar is completely combined. (Mixture should hold soft peaks; do not overbeat.) Use immediately.
4. Place one cake layer on a serving platter. Frost with about 3/4 cup frosting. Top with second cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake.
5. Serve immediately or cover and chill until serving time (up to 4 hours). To serve, garnish cake with Sugared Rosemary and Cranberries and crushed biscotti, if desired. Makes 12 servings.
- Lightly spray several rosemary sprigs and cranberries with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle granulated sugar on rosemary; roll cranberries in a small amount of granulated sugar to coat. Place on waxed paper for at least 1 hour before using. This is a decorative, not edible, garnish.
- The added cocoa makes the cakes bake in a shorter time.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 458,
- Fat, total (g) 25,
- chol. (mg) 45,
- sat. fat (g) 13,
- carb. (g) 55,
- Monosaturated fat (g) 6,
- Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1,
- sugar (g) 39,
- pro. (g) 7,
- vit. A (IU) 437,
- Riboflavin (mg) 0,
- Niacin (mg) 0,
- Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0,
- Folate (µg) 4,
- Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0,
- sodium (mg) 382,
- Potassium (mg) 95,
- calcium (mg) 141,
- iron (mg) 2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet