Spiked Raspberry-Lemonade Cupcakes
- Allow butter and eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, line eighteen 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups. In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, lemon peel, lemon juice, and liqueur; beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Tint batter pink with a few drops of food coloring.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about three-fourths full. Use the back of a spoon to smooth out batter in cups.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in muffin cups on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from muffin cups. Cool completely on wire racks.
From the Test Kitchen
*Test Kitchen Tip:
To make 2/3 cup sour milk, place 2 teaspoons lemon juice or vinegar in a glass measuring cup. Add enough milk to make 2/3 cup liquid; stir. Let the mixture stand for 5 minutes before using.
Creamy Raspberry Frosting
- Allow butter to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Gradually add 2 cups of the powdered sugar, beating well. Beat in milk, liqueur, and food coloring. Gradually beat in the remaining powdered sugar until frosting reaches spreading or piping consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Spiked Raspberry-Lemonade Cupcakes)
- Per serving:
- 455 kcal cal.,
- 16 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 77 mg chol.,
- 202 mg sodium,
- 75 g carb.,
- 63 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet