- Makes: 12 servings
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Yields: 12 (2-1/2 inch) cupcakes
- Prep: 45 mins
- Microwave: 1 min
cup red candy coating disks
cup blue candy coating disks
cup white candy coating disks
cups Creamy White Frosting or canned creamy white frosting
Confetti Cupcakes or other 2-1/2-inch cupcakes in paper bake cups
Red, white, and blue sprinkles and/or jimmies (optional)
- Place colored candy coating disks in three separate small microwave-safe bowls. Microwave one bowl on 100 percent power (high) for 30 seconds. Stir; microwave for 20 to 30 seconds more or until melted. Repeat, one at a time, with the remaining bowls of candy coating. Transfer the melted candy coatings to three small heavy resealable plastic bags. Snip off a small piece from one corner of each bag. On sheets of waxed paper, make 8- to 9-inch-long sticks (about 1/4-inch thickness) of each color candy coating by piping back and forth over waxed paper in a zigzag pattern. Let stand about 1 hour or until firm. (If necessary, place the sticks of candy coating in the freezer until firm.)
- Meanwhile, place Creamy White Frosting in a disposable pastry bag fitted with a medium star tip. Pipe frosting over Confetti Cupcakes.
- Break the zigzag sticks of candy coating into 3- to 4-inch lengths. Insert the candy sticks into frosting, radiating out from the center like a sparkler. If desired, sprinkle with colored sprinkles. Makes 12 (2-1/2-inch) cupcakes.
package 2-layer-size white cake mix
4-serving-size package instant cheesecake pudding and pie filling mix
cup sour cream
cup vegetable oil
cup red, white, and blue sprinkles or jimmies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line twenty-four to twenty-six 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups. In a large mixing bowl combine cake mix, pudding mix, the water, eggs, sour cream, and oil. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes more, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Stir in sprinkles. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each two-thirds to three-fourths full. Use the back of a spoon to smooth out batter in cups. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in muffin cups on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from muffin cups. Cool completely on wire racks.
Creamy White Frosting
teaspoon almond extract
cups powdered sugar
- In a large mixing bowl beat shortening, vanilla, and almond extract with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add 2 cups of the powdered sugar, beating well. Add 2 tablespoons of the milk. Gradually beat in remaining powdered sugar. Gradually add milk until frosting reaches a spreading consistency. Makes about 3 cups.
Nutrition Facts (Sparkler Cupcakes)
- Per serving:
- 493 kcal cal.,
- 25 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 9 g monounsatured fat),
- 32 mg chol.,
- 230 mg sodium,
- 64 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 54 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet