Red Velvet Cupcakes
These sweet and petite red velvet cupcakes are sure to charm at any occasion. Top each cupcake with a little heart-shaped cookie to add extra affection to the treat.
- Makes: 28 servings
- Prep: 1 hr 15 mins
- Cool: 10 mins
- Bake: 15 mins to 17 mins 350°F
Red Velvet Cupcakes
teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 ounce bottle red food coloring (2 Tbsp.)
teaspoons baking soda
Small chocolate heart-shaped cookies (optional)
Powdered sugar (optional)
- Let eggs and butter stand 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 28 2-1/2-inch cupcake pans with paper liners; set aside.
- In medium bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, and 3/4 tsp. salt; set aside. In large mixing bowl beat butter on medium-high 30 seconds. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until combined. One at a time, add eggs; beat on medium after each. Beat in food coloring on low.
- Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk to egg mixture; beat on low to medium speed after each just until combined. Stir together baking soda and vinegar. Add to batter; beat just until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared pans, filling each about two-thirds full. Bake 15 to 17 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool completely. Top with small chocolate cookies, if desired. Dust with powdered sugar. Makes 28 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Red Velvet Cupcakes)
- Per serving:
- 172 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 36 mg chol.,
- 124 mg sodium,
- 28 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 17 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesAppetizers, Cakes, Chocolate Cakes, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chocolate Cookies, Chocolate Desserts, Christmas Cookies, Christmas Recipes, Cookies, Dark Chocolate Desserts, Desserts, Fourth of July Recipes, Halloween Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Cholesterol Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Milk Chocolate Desserts, Party Appetizers, Quick and Easy Recipes, Red Velvet Cakes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, White Chocolate Desserts