- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line fifteen 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in medium bowl.
- In another medium bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin, and oil. Add all at once to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in pecans, if desired. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about two-thirds full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean. Cool in muffin cups on wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups. Cool completely on wire rack. Spread frosting on cupcakes.
From the Test Kitchen
Blogger Variation by Jocelyn Delk-Adams of Grandbaby Cakes
For Jocelyn's version, add a cinnamon roll swirl. Mix together 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter, 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar, 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour. Alternate adding cupcake batter and swirl mixture into prepared muffin cups, filling each about two-thirds full. Then using a skewer or toothpick, gently swirl batter into pretty whirl pattern. Bake as directed. Top with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Buttercream.
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Buttercream
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add powdered sugar; beat until combined, then beat on high speed for 2 minutes. Add cream, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt and beat for 1 minute until fluffy. Makes 3 cups.
Nutrition Facts (Pumpkin Cupcakes)
- Per serving:
- 321 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 47 mg chol.,
- 147 mg sodium,
- 47 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 39 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet