Pumpkin Cupcakes with Spiced Mascarpone Cream Filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin cups; set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and cloves. In a large bowl combine eggs, pumpkin, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vegetable oil; whisk until smooth. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, one-third at a time, stirring just until combined after each addition. Stir in raisins and walnuts. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each two-thirds full.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups. Cool completely on wire rack.
- When cupcakes are cool, split each one horizontally in half. Spread Spiced Mascarpone Cream Filling over bottom halves of cupcakes; place top halves of cupcakes on filling. Spread filling on tops of cupcakes; sprinkle with crystallized ginger.
Spiced Mascarpone Cream Filling
- Allow mascarpone cheese and butter to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a large mixing bowl combine mascarpone cheese, butter, cinnamon, and ginger. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until light and fluffy. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating well. If necessary, beat in enough milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to make filling spreading consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Pumpkin Cupcakes with Spiced Mascarpone Cream Filling)
- Per serving:
- 353 kcal cal.,
- 19 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 63 mg chol.,
- 213 mg sodium,
- 45 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 31 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet