Plain Jane Lets Loose Cupcakes
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Line eighteen 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups.
- In large mixing bowl beat 1/2 cup butter, granulated sugar, and oil with electric mixer on medium speed to combine. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- In separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Add half the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and blend well. Add 1/4 cup sour cream; blend. Add the remaining dry ingredients; blend. Add remaining sour cream and 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla; blend.
- Fill lined cups three-quarters full. Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes on wire rack in pans 5 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
- Pour 1/4 cup chocolate liqueur in shallow bowl. Dip tops of cupcakes in the liqueur. Frost cupcakes with White Frosting using a pastry bag fitted with star tip, or use a spoon to dollop frosting. Top each cupcake with a raspberry or blackberry. Makes 18 cupcakes.
- In large mixing bowl beat butter, liqueur, whipping cream, and vanilla with electric mixer on medium-high speed. Beat in powdered sugar until combined.
Nutrition Facts (Plain Jane Lets Loose Cupcakes)
- Per serving:
- 342 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 56 mg chol.,
- 153 mg sodium,
- 48 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
cneuhaus5 901 Days Ago
3 stars, really good & tasty! I got 15 cupcakes that fell slightly in the centers, making them harder to dip in the Godiva liqueur---I suggest doubling the baking soda. I added more cream & gobs more liqueur & beat until light & fluffy---frosting was absolutely delicious then! I kept them overnight frosted, in an air tight container at room temp & the frosting looked "OK", so I'd either keep uncovered or wait to frost.