Share your take on this idea!
Upload your photo here.
Upload your photo here.
Peanut Butter-Chocolate Twist Cupcakes
- Allow butter and eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, line thirty-four to thirty-six 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add peanut butter; beat until combined. Gradually add brown sugar and granulated sugar, about 1/4 cup at a time, beating on medium speed until combined. Scrape sides of bowl; beat for 2 minutes more or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Alternately add flour mixture and milk to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined.
- Place half of the batter into a separate mixing bowl; add melted chocolate. Beat with electric mixer on low speed just until combined.
- Fill prepared muffin cups by alternating spoonfuls of peanut butter batter and chocolate batter, filling each cup about two-thirds full. Use a butter knife or skewer to swirl batter.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in muffin cups on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from muffin cups. Cool completely on wire racks.
- In a pastry bag fitted with a star or round tip place Peanut Butter Frosting side-by-side with the Chocolate Frosting. Pipe frostings onto cupcakes. Top with shaved chocolate and/or peanut butter cup halves. Makes 34 to 36 (2-1/2 inch) cupcakes.
Peanut Butter Frosting
- Allow cream cheese to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, peanut butter, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar. Beat in enough milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until frosting reaches piping consistency. Divide frosting into two portions. Set one portion aside for Chocolate Frosting (see recipe, below).
- Beat the Peanut Butter Frosting and milk chocolate with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. If necessary, beat in additional powdered sugar or milk until frosting reaches a piping consistency. Makes about 1-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts (Peanut Butter-Chocolate Twist Cupcakes)
- Per serving:
- 293 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 36 mg chol.,
- 149 mg sodium,
- 45 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 37 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet