- Makes: 24 servings
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Yields: 24 (2-1/2 inch) cupcakes
- Start to Finish: 1 hr 30 mins
- Place candy coating in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) about 1-1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring once. Add shortening, stirring until melted. Let stand for 1 minute to cool slightly. Transfer mixture to a heavy resealable plastic bag. Snip off a very small piece from one corner of the bag. Carefully pipe 1- to 1-1/2-inch cursive letters on a sheet of foil or waxed paper for the large letters of the monogram. Pipe 3/4-inch cursive letters for the small letters of the monogram, placing the letters very close together so they touch. Let stand until set.
- If desired, tint Butter Frosting desired color(s) with food coloring.** Place in disposable pastry bag(s) fitted with extra-large tip(s). Pipe a very large swirl on top of each cupcake, covering the top.
- To decorate, place a monogram on each cupcake. Makes 24 (2-1/2-inch) cupcakes.
From the Test Kitchen
*Test Kitchen Tip:
Choose silver, gold, or black paper bake cups. Or, if preparing for a wedding, shower, or birthday party, use paper bake cups that coordinate with the party's colors.
**Test Kitchen Tip:
If preparing for a wedding, shower, or birthday party, divide frosting and tint into colors that coordinate with the party's colors. Frost some of the cupcakes in each color.
- In a very large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Gradually add 2 cups of the powdered sugar, beating well. Slowly bean in milk and vanilla. Gradually beat in additional powdered sugar. Beat in additional milk until frosting reaches a spreading consistency. If desired, tint with food coloring. Makes about 4-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts (Monogram Cupcakes)
- Per serving:
- 402 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 58 mg chol.,
- 171 mg sodium,
- 66 g carb.,
- 56 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet