- Makes: 18 servings
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Yields: 48 (1-3/4-inch) or 18 (2-1/2-inch) cupcakes
- Prep: 45 mins
- Stand: 30 mins
- Bake: 10 mins to 12 mins 350°F for the 1-3/4-inch cupcakes (or 16 to 18 minutes for the 2-1/2-inch cupcakes)
- Allow butter and eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, line forty-eight 1-3/4-inch muffin cups or eighteen 2- 1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, the 2 teaspoons lavender, and the salt. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, honey, and vanilla; beat until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Alternately add flour mixture and milk to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until mixture is combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about three-fourths full. Use the back of a spoon to smooth out batter in cups.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes for 1-3/4-inch cupcakes (or 16 to 18 minutes for 2-1/2-inch cupcakes) or until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in muffin cups on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from muffin cups. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Pipe or spread with Honey Frosting. If desired, sprinkle with additional lavender. Makes 48 (1-3/4-inch) or 18 (2-1/2-inch) cupcakes.
- Allow mascarpone cheese and butter to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In large mixing bowl beat cheese, butter, honey, and vanilla with mixer on medium until light and fluffy. Gradually add 1 cup of the powdered sugar, beating well. Gradually beat in remaining powdered sugar to reach spreading consistency. Place in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave n 100% power (high) for 20 to 30 seconds, just to soften (do not melt). Makes 2 1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts (Lavender-Honey Cupcakes)
- Per serving:
- 103 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 18 mg chol.,
- 55 mg sodium,
- 17 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 13 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet