- Makes: 24 servings
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Yields: 24 (2-1/2 inch) cupcakes
- Prep: 40 mins
- Bake: 16 mins to 20 mins 350°F
- Cool: 45 mins
Hot Fudge Sundae Cupcakes
2-layer-size package chocolate cake mix
12 ounce jar hot fudge ice cream topping
16 ounce can creamy white frosting
cup semisweet chocolate pieces*
10 ounce jar maraschino cherries with stems, well drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line twenty-four 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside. Prepare cake batter according to package directions.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about two-thirds full. Use the back of a spoon to smooth out batter in cups. Place a scant tablespoon room temperature ice cream topping on the top center of each cupcake.
- Bake for 16 to 20 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool cupcakes in muffin cups on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from muffin cups. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread some of the frosting over each cupcake. Place the remaining frosting in a pastry bag fitted with a star tip.
- In a small saucepan melt the chocolate pieces and shortening over low heat; cool slightly. Spoon melted chocolate into a small heavy resealable plastic bag. Seal bag; snip off a small piece from one corner. Drizzle chocolate on top of frosted cupcakes.
- Sprinkle cupcakes with nuts. Pipe the remaining frosting on top of cupcakes. Place a cherry on top of each cupcake. Makes 24 (2-1/2-inch) cupcakes.
From the Test Kitchen
*Test Kitchen Tip:
If desired, use Smucker's Magic Shell instead of melting the semisweet chocolate pieces and shortening.
Nutrition Facts (Hot Fudge Sundae Cupcakes)
- Per serving:
- 291 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 27 mg chol.,
- 220 mg sodium,
- 46 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 33 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesCakes, Chocolate Cakes, Chocolate Cookies, Chocolate Desserts, Chocolate Frosting Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Dark Chocolate Desserts, Desserts, Frostings and Fillings, Halloween Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Cholesterol Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Milk Chocolate Desserts, Party Appetizers, Red Velvet Cakes, Thanksgiving Recipes, White Chocolate Desserts