Hazelnut Creme Brulee Cupcakes
teaspoons baking powder
tablespoons hazelnut liqueur
cup finely chopped, toasted hazelnuts (filberts)
recipe Vanilla-Hazelnut Buttercream
recipe Caramelized Sugar Drizzle
Grated whole nutmeg or ground nutmeg (optional)
- Allow butter and eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, grease and flour twenty-four 2-1/2-inch muffin cups (or line with paper bake cups). In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar, about 1/4 cup at a time, beating on medium speed until combined. Scrape sides of bowl; beat for 2 minutes more. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in liqueur and vanilla. Alternately add flour mixture and milk, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Fold in nuts.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about three-fourths full. Use the back of a spoon to smooth out batter in cups.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool cupcakes in muffin cups on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from muffin cups. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread Vanilla-Hazelnut Buttercream onto tops of cupcakes. Quickly drizzle with Caramelized Sugar Drizzle. If desired, sprinkle with nutmeg. Makes 24 (2-1/2 inch) cupcakes.
Caramelized Sugar Drizzle
- In a large skillet cook sugar over medium-high heat until sugar starts to melt, shaking skillet occasionally. Do not stir. When sugar starts to melt, reduce heat to low and cook about 5 minutes or until all of the sugar is melted, stirring as needed with a wooden spoon. Remove from heat. Immediately drizzle sugar mixture over frosted cupcakes.
cups powdered sugar
tablespoon hazelnut liqueur
- Allow butter to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Gradually add 1 cup of the powdered sugar, beating well. Beat in the 2 tablespoons milk, the liqueur, and vanilla. Gradually beat in the remaining powdered sugar. Beat in additional milk until buttercream reaches spreading consistency.
Nutrition Facts(Hazelnut Creme Brulee Cupcakes)
- Per serving:
- 306 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 49 mg chol.,
- 152 mg sodium,
- 49 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 38 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet