- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 package 2-layer-size yellow cake mix
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries with stems
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 4-1/2-cup brioche pan or glass Pyrex mixing bowl; set aside. Prepare cake mix according to package directions, adding orange peel and pumpkin pie spice along with the eggs. Place half of the batter in prepared pan. Refrigerate the remaining batter. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
2. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan and place on a wire rack until completely cooled. Clean, grease, and flour pan. Repeat with remaining batter. Cakes can be baked ahead of time and refrigerated or frozen until serving time.
3. To serve, pipe whipped cream onto the top of the cakes using a round tip with a 1/2-inch opening. Top with a cherry. Serve with additional cherries.