- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 12 2 1/2 inches White Chocolate Cupcakes or other 2-1/2-inch white cupcakes in paper bake cups
- 1 16 ounce can vanilla frosting
- 12 1 3/4 inches White Chocolate Cupcakes or other white cupcakes
- 12 small glazed or plain doughnut holes
- 16 ounces purchased white rolled fondant*
- Black candy-coated sunflower kernels or 1 tube black icing
1. Set the 2-1/2-inch White Chocolate Cupcakes on a flat surface; generously pipe some of the frosting on each cupcake. If necessary, remove paper bake cups from the 1-3/4-inch White Chocolate Cupcakes. Place them, upside down, on the tops of the large cupcakes. Generously pipe some frosting on top of each small cupcake. Top each with a doughnut hole. If desired, pipe a little frosting on the tops of the doughnut holes. If necessary, use frosting to secure any unstable parts of stacks.
2. Shape purchased fondant into 1-1/2-inch-diameter balls. (Work with one ball of fondant at a time and keep remaining fondant covered until needed.) On parchment paper, roll one ball into a 6-inch-diameter circle. Drape fondant circle loosely over a cupcake stack, pressing or creasing the fondant in places to make the stack look more ghostly. Repeat to make 12 ghostly cupcakes.
3. For faces, use frosting to attach sunflower kernels to the fondant for eyes and mouths or use black icing to pipe eyes and mouths. Makes 12 (2-1/2 inch) cupcakes.
- Rolled fondant icing can be found in the cake decorating department of many hobby and crafts stores.
- If you prefer to make only one size cupcakes for another use, use twenty-two 2-1/2-inch or forty-eight 1-3/4-inch muffin cups. If you don't have enough muffin cups or if all of the cupcakes do not fit into the oven at one time, store the remaining batter in the refrigerator while the first batch bakes.
Yield: 22 (2 1/2 inch) or 48 (1 3/4 inch) cupcakes
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 package 2-layer-size white cake mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup finely chopped white baking chocolate with cocoa butter or miniature white baking pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line sixteen 2 1/2-inch and twelve 1 3/4-inch muffin cups with white paper bake cups.* In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add cake mix, milk, oil, and eggs. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Stir in white chocolate. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about three-fourths full. Bake about 20 minutes for 2 1/2-inch cupcakes, about 14 minutes for 1 3/4-inch cupcakes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in muffin cups on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from muffin cups. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 748,
- Fat, total (g) 30,
- chol. (mg) 72,
- sat. fat (g) 11,
- carb. (g) 113,
- Monosaturated fat (g) 9,
- Polyunsaturated fat (g) 5,
- Trans fatty acid (g) 1,
- sugar (g) 92,
- pro. (g) 5,
- vit. A (IU) 194,
- Thiamin (mg) 0,
- Riboflavin (mg) 0,
- Niacin (mg) 1,
- Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0,
- Folate (µg) 28,
- Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0,
- sodium (mg) 461,
- Potassium (mg) 95,
- calcium (mg) 91,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet