- Set the 2-1/2-inch White Chocolate Cupcakes on a flat surface; generously pipe some of the frosting on each cupcake. If necessary, remove paper bake cups from the 1-3/4-inch White Chocolate Cupcakes. Place them, upside down, on the tops of the large cupcakes. Generously pipe some frosting on top of each small cupcake. Top each with a doughnut hole. If desired, pipe a little frosting on the tops of the doughnut holes. If necessary, use frosting to secure any unstable parts of stacks.
- Shape purchased fondant into 1-1/2-inch-diameter balls. (Work with one ball of fondant at a time and keep remaining fondant covered until needed.) On parchment paper, roll one ball into a 6-inch-diameter circle. Drape fondant circle loosely over a cupcake stack, pressing or creasing the fondant in places to make the stack look more ghostly. Repeat to make 12 ghostly cupcakes.
- For faces, use frosting to attach sunflower kernels to the fondant for eyes and mouths or use black icing to pipe eyes and mouths. Makes 12 (2-1/2 inch) cupcakes.
From the Test Kitchen
*Test Kitchen Tip:
Rolled fondant icing can be found in the cake decorating department of many hobby and crafts stores.
**Test Kitchen Tip:
If you prefer to make only one size cupcakes for another use, use twenty-two 2-1/2-inch or forty-eight 1-3/4-inch muffin cups. If you don't have enough muffin cups or if all of the cupcakes do not fit into the oven at one time, store the remaining batter in the refrigerator while the first batch bakes.
White Chocolate Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line sixteen 2 1/2-inch and twelve 1 3/4-inch muffin cups with white paper bake cups.* In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add cake mix, milk, oil, and eggs. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Stir in white chocolate. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about three-fourths full. Bake about 20 minutes for 2 1/2-inch cupcakes, about 14 minutes for 1 3/4-inch cupcakes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in muffin cups on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from muffin cups. Cool completely on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts (Ghostly Cupcakes)
- Per serving:
- 748 kcal cal.,
- 30 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 9 g monounsatured fat),
- 72 mg chol.,
- 461 mg sodium,
- 113 g carb.,
- 92 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet