- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 package 2-layer-sizedesired-flavor cake mix (or favorite homemade recipe)
- 1 16 ounce candesired-flavor frosting (or favorite homemade recipe)
- Desired-color food coloring (optional)
- Brown miniature candy-coated milk chocolate pieces
- Marzipan Bees (see below) (optional)
- Green pipe cleaners
1. Lightly coat 2-inch silicone flower-shaped baking cups with cooking spray. Arrange on a baking sheet; set aside. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Fill baking cups 2/3 full, slightly above the fill line. Bake according to package directions for cupcakes. Cool in cups on a wire rack.
2. Tint frosting with food coloring, if desired. Spread cupcakes with frosting. Add milk chocolate pieces to center of cupcakes. If desired, decorate the flowers with Marzipan Bees. Add pipe cleaners for stems. Makes about 24 cupcakes.
- Tint small portions of marzipan with yellow and black paste food coloring (or use purchased colored fondant). For bee body, roll yellow marzipan into ropes about 1/4-inch thick. Cut ropes into 1-inch lengths. Use black colored marzipan to make bee stripe and eyes. Use sliced almonds for bee wings.