- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Lemon Glaze (see recipe)
1. Let butter and eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Line fifteen 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside. In medium bowl combine cake flour, rosemary, baking powder and salt; set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large mixing bowl beat butter on medium-high for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar, lemon extract, and vanilla. Beat on medium-high for 2 minutes until light and fluffy, scraping bowl.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Alternately add flour mixture and milk to butter mixture; beat on low after each just until combined. Stir in the lemon peel and lemon juice.
4. Spoon batter in prepared cups to three-fourths full. Bake 22 to 25 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. (Bake 36 mini cakes 15 to 18 minutes; 6 jumbo cakes 25 to 30 minutes.) Cool in muffin cups on rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely.
5. Spoon Lemon Glaze on cupcakes. Let stand 10 minutes. Makes 15 (2-1/2-inch) cupcakes.
Yield: about 1/2 cup
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 5 - 5 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
1. In a small bowl combine powdered sugar and enough of the lemon juice to reach spreading consistency. Stir in lemon peel.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 213,
- Fat, total (g) 7,
- chol. (mg) 45,
- sat. fat (g) 4,
- carb. (g) 35,
- fiber (g) 0,
- pro. (g) 3,
- vit. A (IU) 243,
- vit. C (mg) 2,
- sodium (mg) 159,
- calcium (mg) 30,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet