- Makes: 12 servings
- Serving Size: 1 cupcakes
- Start to Finish: 1 hr 30 mins
Easy Caps and Booties Cupcakes
cups Creamy White Frosting or canned vanilla frosting
2 1/2 inches cupcakes in paper bake cups (any flavor)
Desired color gel-paste food coloring
Small decorative candies
Pastel nonpareils (optional)
- Divide Creamy White Frosting in half. Set one half aside. Spread remaining half of the frosting on tops of cupcakes. Set aside.
- Divide remaining frosting between bowls; tint frostings desired colors. Place frostings in pastry bags fitted with couplers and very small round tips.
- Pipe outlines of caps and booties on tops of frosted cupcakes. Switch tips on pastry bags to very small star tips. Pipe small stars to fill in the outlines of the caps and booties. If desired, add a row of small candies at bottom edges of caps and at top edges of booties. If desired, sprinkle with nonpareils.
- For tassels on caps, use star tip to pipe spikes of frosting at the tops of caps. For ties on booties, use a small round tip to pipe bows. Makes 12 (2-1/2 inch) cupcakes.
Creamy White Frosting
teaspoons clear vanilla or regular vanilla
teaspoon almond extract
cups powdered sugar
- In a large mixing bowl beat shortening, vanilla, and almond extract with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add 2 cups of the powdered sugar, beating well. Add 2 tablespoons of the milk. Gradually beat in remaining powdered sugar. Gradually add milk until frosting reaches a spreading consistency. Makes about 3 cups.
- Beat 1 cup shortening, 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla, and 1/2 teaspoon almond, lemon, or orange extract on medium speed for 30 seconds. Slowly add 2 cups sifted powdered sugar; beat well. Add 2 tablespoons milk. Gradually beat in 2-1/2 cups more sifted powdered sugar and enough milk (1 to 2 tablespoons) to make frosting spreadable. Makes about 3 cups.
Nutrition Facts (Easy Caps and Booties Cupcakes)
- Per serving:
- 360 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 46 mg chol.,
- 137 mg sodium,
- 58 g carb.,
- 48 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet