package 2-layer-size white cake mix
cup coarsely crushed chocolate sandwich cookies with white filling
recipe Creamy White Frosting
miniature chocolate sandwich cookies with white filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside. Prepare cake mix according to package directions, folding crushed cookies into batter. Spoon batter into prepared cups, filling each about half full.
- Bake according to package directions. Cool in pan on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan and cool completely.
- Use a pastry bag with star tip to pipe Creamy White Frosting on each cupcake or spread frosting on cupcakes. Top each cupcake with a miniature cookie. Makes 24 cupcakes.
Creamy White Frosting
cups powdered sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, combine shortening and vanilla. Beat with electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Slowly add 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar, beating well. Add 1 tablespoon milk. Slowly beat in 1 cup additional powdered sugar. Beat in enough additional milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, to make frosting spreadable. Makes about 1 3/4 cups.
- Beat 1 cup shortening, 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla, and 1/2 teaspoon almond, lemon, or orange extract on medium speed for 30 seconds. Slowly add 2 cups sifted powdered sugar; beat well. Add 2 tablespoons milk. Gradually beat in 2-1/2 cups more sifted powdered sugar and enough milk (1 to 2 tablespoons) to make frosting spreadable. Makes about 3 cups.
Nutrition Facts(Cookies-and-Cream Cupcakes)
- Per serving:
- 213 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 0 mg chol.,
- 193 mg sodium,
- 34 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet