- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 package 2-layer-size white cake mix
- 1 cup coarsely crushed chocolate sandwich cookies with white filling
- 1 recipe Creamy White Frosting
- 24 miniature chocolate sandwich cookies with white filling
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside. Prepare cake mix according to package directions, folding crushed cookies into batter. Spoon batter into prepared cups, filling each about half full.
2. Bake according to package directions. Cool in pan on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan and cool completely.
3. Use a pastry bag with star tip to pipe Creamy White Frosting on each cupcake or spread frosting on cupcakes. Top each cupcake with a miniature cookie. Makes 24 cupcakes.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 - 2 tablespoons milk
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine shortening and vanilla. Beat with electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Slowly add 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar, beating well. Add 1 tablespoon milk. Slowly beat in 1 cup additional powdered sugar. Beat in enough additional milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, to make frosting spreadable. Makes about 1 3/4 cups.
2. Beat 1 cup shortening, 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla, and 1/2 teaspoon almond, lemon, or orange extract on medium speed for 30 seconds. Slowly add 2 cups sifted powdered sugar; beat well. Add 2 tablespoons milk. Gradually beat in 2-1/2 cups more sifted powdered sugar and enough milk (1 to 2 tablespoons) to make frosting spreadable. Makes about 3 cups.
- Servings Per Recipe 24,
- cal. (kcal) 213,
- Fat, total (g) 9,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 34,
- pro. (g) 2,
- sodium (mg) 193,
- calcium (mg) 30,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet