Chocolate Cupcakes with a Kick
2-layer-size chocolate or devil's food cake mix
cups sour cream
cup cooking oil
tablespoons instant coffee crystals
teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
11 1/2 ounce package semisweet chocolate chunks
recipe White Frosting (see recipe below)
ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line twenty-four 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside. In bowl combine cake mix, sour cream, eggs, oil, coffee crystals, and chipotle pepper. Beat with electric mixer on low to combine. Beat on medium to high for 2 minutes (batter will be thick).
- In bowl toss chocolate chunks with flour. Fold into batter. Spoon into prepared cups. Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool in pans on racks 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool. Frost with White Frosting.
- For chocolate drizzle, place chopped chocolate in small bowl. In saucepan bring cream to boiling. Pour over chocolate; do not stir. Let stand 5 minutes; whisk until smooth. Place chocolate drizzle in resealable plastic bag; seal bag and snip off a small corner. Drizzle chocolate over cupcakes. Makes 24 cupcakes.
8 ounce package cream cheese
cups powdered sugar
- Allow cream cheese and butter to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until frosting reaches spreading consistency.
Nutrition Facts(Chocolate Cupcakes with a Kick)
- Per serving:
- 335 kcal cal.,
- 21 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 55 mg chol.,
- 251 mg sodium,
- 37 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 27 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet