- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 package 2-layer-size yellow or white cake mix
- 1 18 ounce refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2 16 ounce can white frosting
- 1 16 ounce can chocolate frosting
- Red food coloring
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire racks.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. For glove cookies, on a lightly floured surface roll out dough to about 1/8-inch thick. Cut dough with a 4 1/2- to 5-inch hand-shaped cookie cutter. Arrange 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 6 to 7 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets. Remove and cool on wire racks.
3. Spread tops of cooled cupcakes with some of the white frosting, reserving 1/3 cup plus some for piping. Frost cooled cookies with some of the chocolate frosting, reserving 1/3 cup. Stir 1/3 cup white frosting into 1/3 cup chocolate frosting. Place in a resealable plastic bag. Snip one corner of the bag. Pipe lines onto cookies so they resemble baseball gloves. Tint remaining white frosting red with red food coloring. Place in a resealable plastic bag. Snip one corner of the bag. Pipe onto tops of cupcakes to resemble baseball seams.
4. Serve cupcakes with cookies. Makes about 20 cookies and about 24 cupcakes.