Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin pans with paper liners.
- Beat the sugar, oil, and eggs together in bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment until light yellow. Add vanilla. In another bowl, sift together 2 cups flour, the cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Toss the carrots, raisins, and walnuts with 1 tablespoon flour. Add to the batter and mix well.
- Scoop batter into the muffin cups until each is almost full. Bake for 10 minutes, then lower the oven to 350 degrees F and bake for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, mix cream cheese, butter, and vanilla in bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment until combined. Add confectioner's sugar; mix until smooth.
- For the decoration, melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat; add the carrots and maple syrup and saute for 2 to 3 minutes, until carrots are tender. Spread them on a paper towel to cool.
- When cupcakes are cool, frost them generously and garnish with big pinches of sauteed carrots. Makes 22 cupcakes.
Nutrition Facts (Carrot Cake Cupcakes)
- Per serving:
- 532 kcal cal.,
- 32 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat,
- 12 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 76 mg chol.,
- 323 mg sodium,
- 59 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 46 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet