- Tint Butter Frosting with food coloring to desired color(s); use to frost tops of Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes.
- For butterfly cupcakes, place six pairs of pretzels on sheets of waxed paper. Place each color of the candy coating in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave, one bowl at a time, on 100 percent power (high) for 30 seconds. Stir; microwave for 20 to 30 seconds more or until melted. Place each color in a separate pastry bag fitted with a round tip or in a heavy resealable plastic bag. Snip off a corner from each plastic bag.
- For pretzel wings, pipe different colors of candy coating into the spaces in the pretzels until filled, decorating each pretzel pair the same way. Let pretzel wings stand until firm (or transfer the pretzel wings on the waxed paper to a cookie sheet and chill about 15 minutes or until firm).
- Carefully peel wings from waxed paper. Insert a pair of wings into the frosting on top of each of six cupcakes so they stand up in a V shape. Place a piece of rainbow-color licorice between each pair of wings for the body. Add a gumdrop head to each. If desired, add black licorice for antennae. Pipe on eyes and nose with chocolate or black frosting.
- For flower cupcakes, arrange two circles of jelly beans at an angle in frosting around edges of the remaining six cupcakes. Sprinkle miniature chocolate pieces in centers of jelly bean cupcakes. Makes 12 (2-1/2-inch) cupcakes.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line twenty-four 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups. Prepare cake mix according to package directions, stirring chocolate pieces into batter. Fill muffin cups; bake as directed for cupcakes. Cool cupcakes in muffin cups on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from muffin cups. Cool completely on wire racks.
- In a very large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Gradually add 2 cups of the powdered sugar, beating well. Slowly bean in milk and vanilla. Gradually beat in additional powdered sugar. Beat in additional milk until frosting reaches a spreading consistency. If desired, tint with food coloring. Makes about 4-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts (Butterfly Garden)
- Per serving:
- 489 kcal cal.,
- 20 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 41 mg chol.,
- 235 mg sodium,
- 76 g carb.,
- 52 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Linda MacNaughton 474 Days Ago
Using the pretzels and wafers for butterfly wings is a great idea. It is creative and I bet the salty/sweet combo would be tasty.