- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large mixing bowl beat butter with electric mixer on medium-high for about 1 minute. Add sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Whisk together flour, baking powder, soda, and salt. Add flour mixture in two additions, alternating with buttermilk, and beating on low after each addition until combined.
- Stretch heavy-duty foil across a deep souffle dish. Cut about 10 holes in top to hold rolled sugar ice cream cones. Place cones upright in dish. Pipe or spoon batter into cones to fill 2/3 to 3/4 full, making sure to get batter into the bottom of the cones. Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched.
- Top with sorbet, ice cream, nonpareils, whipped cream and a maraschino cherry. Makes 24 cupcakes.
Nutrition Facts (Buttercake Sundaes)
- Per serving:
- 397 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 65 mg chol.,
- 195 mg sodium,
- 63 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 53 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet