Upload your photo here.
Black-and-White Irish Cream Cupcakes
- Allow butter and egg whites to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, line 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside. In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, liqueur, and vanilla. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Add egg whites, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined.
- Transfer 2-1/2 cups batter to a medium bowl; stir in melted chocolate. Fill each prepared muffin cup about two-thirds full, spooning chocolate batter into one side of cup and white batter into other side of cup**.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool cupcakes in muffin cups on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from muffin cups. Cool completely on racks.
- Spread Irish Cream Ganache onto tops of cupcakes. Let stand at room temperature about 1 hour (or chill in the refrigerator about 15 minutes) or until ganache is set. Spoon Irish Cream Icing onto centers of cupcakes. If desired, sprinkle with coffee beans. Let stand until icing sets. Makes 28 (2-1/2-inch) cupcakes.
From the Test Kitchen
*Test Kitchen Tip:
To make 1-1/4 cups sour milk, place 4 teaspoons lemon juice or vinegar in a glass measuring cup. Add enough milk to make 1-1/4 cups total liquid; stir. Let stand for 5 minutes before using.
**Test Kitchen Tip:
To easily place both batters in the cups, use a medium-sized cookie scoop for each batter. Spoon each batter into each cup at the same time with the scoops.
To create marbled icing, do not let ganache set. Spoon a small amount of icing in the center of ganache-topped cupcakes. Use the tip of a knife or a toothpick to swirl the icing into the ganache. Let stand until set.
Irish Cream Ganache
- In a small saucepan bring whipping cream just to boiling over medium-high heat. Remove from heat. Add chocolate (do not stir). Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in liqueur until smooth. Cool about 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Irish Cream Icing
- In a small bowl stir together powdered sugar, liqueur, and vanilla. Add enough additional liqueur to make of spreading or drizzling consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Black-and-White Irish Cream Cupcakes)
- Per serving:
- 203 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 16 mg chol.,
- 124 mg sodium,
- 30 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 21 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet