- Makes: 24 servings
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Yields: 24 (2-1/2 inch) cupcakes
- Start to Finish: 1 hr 30 mins
Black and White Bows
ounces vanilla candy coating, coarsely chopped
cup light-color corn syrup
ounces dark cocoa candy melts
recipe Bittersweet Chocolate Ganache
2 1/2 inches chocolate cupcakes in paper bake cups
recipe White Chocolate Ganache Frosting
2 1/2 inches white cupcakes in paper bake cups
- For white clay, place vanilla candy coating in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 1 to 2 minutes or until melted, stirring once. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the corn syrup. Spoon onto plastic wrap. Cover and let stand for at least 1 hour or until cooled and firm. For chocolate clay, repeat with dark cocoa candy melts and the remaining 2 tablespoons corn syrup. When firm, unwrap and knead each mixture separately until smooth and pliable. Wrap each in plastic wrap; set aside.
- Spoon Bittersweet Chocolate Ganache over chocolate cupcakes and White Chocolate Ganache Frosting over white cupcakes. Chill until firm.
- Between separate sheets of waxed paper dusted with powdered sugar, roll out white clay and chocolate clay to 1/8-inch thickness. Using a pastry wheel, pizza cutter, or knife, cut clay into 1-inch-wide strips about 5 inches long. For each bow, bring ends of a strip together, making a double thickness. Turn upside down, with the seam underneath. Gently pinch in center. Trim scraps of clay into ribbon tails and center knots. Place two tails on top of each cupcake; top with a bow and a knot. Makes 24 (2-1/2 inch) cupcakes.
Creamy White Frosting
teaspoon almond extract
cups powdered sugar
- In a large mixing bowl beat shortening, vanilla, and almond extract with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Slowly add in about half of the powdered sugar, beating well. Add 2 tablespoons of milk. Gradually beat in the remaining of powdered sugar and 1-3 tablespoons more milk to reach spreading consistency.
Bittersweet Chocolate Ganache
cup whipping cream
ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- In a medium saucepan heat whipping cream over medium heat just until boiling. Remove from heat. Add chocolate (do not stir). Let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk until smooth. Cool about 15 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
White Chocolate Ganache Frosting
ounces white baking chocolate with cocoa butter
cup Creamy White Frosting (see recipe, page 000) or canned creamy white frosting
tablespoon milk (optional)
- In a small saucepan melt white chocolate over low heat. Remove from heat. Stir in Creamy White Frosting. If necessary, stir in milk to make frosting smooth.
Nutrition Facts (Black and White Bows)
- Per serving:
- 358 kcal cal.,
- 20 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 76 mg chol.,
- 175 mg sodium,
- 44 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 29 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesCakes, Chocolate Cakes, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chocolate Cookies, Chocolate Desserts, Chocolate Frosting Recipes, Cookies, Dark Chocolate Desserts, Desserts, Frostings and Fillings, Healthy Recipes, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Cholesterol Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Milk Chocolate Desserts, Red Velvet Cakes, White Cakes, White Chocolate Desserts