Baby's First Applesauce Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line twenty-four 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with foil bake cups or paper bake cups. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, apple pie spice, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a large measuring cup, combine applesauce and buttermilk. Alternately add applesauce mixture and flour mixture to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about one-half to two-thirds full. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near centers of cakes comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans and cool thoroughly on racks.
- Tint frosting with liquid food coloring or paste as desired. Frost cupcakes and decorate with candy sprinkles, nonpareils, and candy-coated chocolate pieces, as desired. Makes 24 cupcakes.
Nutrition Facts (Baby's First Applesauce Cupcakes)
- Per serving:
- 294 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 28 mg chol.,
- 152 mg sodium,
- 47 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet