- Makes: 12 servings
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Start to Finish: 1 hr 30 mins
Baby Bib Cupcakes
cups Creamy White Frosting or canned creamy white frosting
Fruit Cupcakes or other 2-1/2-inch cupcakes in paper bake cups
Yellow, pink, and/or blue paste food coloring
ounces purchased white rolled fondant*
Colored sugars and/or sprinkles
- Set aside 1 cup of the Creamy White Frosting. Spread the remaining 1 cup frosting on the Fruit Cupcakes. Tint the reserved frosting yellow, pink, or blue. (Or divide frosting and tint one portion each color.) Place the tinted frosting(s) in disposable pastry bag(s) fitted with small star tip(s). Set aside.
- For bibs, on a surface dusted lightly with powdered sugar, roll out fondant* to 1/8-inch thickness. Use a 2-1/2-inch smooth or scalloped round cutter to cut out 12 large circles. Use a 1-inch round cutter to cut a small circle near the top of each of the 2-1/2-inch circles; discard small circles. Pace fondant bibs about 1/4 inch from the top edges of cupcakes.
- Use tinted frosting(s) to pipe dots, ruffles, and bow ties on bib edges. Decorate with colored sugars and/or sprinkles. Makes 12 (2-1/2 inch) cupcakes.
From the Test Kitchen
*Test Kitchen Tip:
Rolled fondant icing can be found in the cake decorating department of many hobby and crafts stores.
box 2 layer white cake mix
- Line twenty-four 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups. Prepare white cake mix according to package directions, except use apple juice in place of the water. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each two-thirds to three-fourths full. Use the back of a spoon to smooth out batter in cups. Bake according to package directions for cupcakes. Cool cupcakes in muffin cups on wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from muffin cups. Cool completely on wire racks. Makes 24 (2-1/2-inch) cupcakes.
Creamy White Frosting
teaspoon almond extract
cups powdered sugar
- In a large mixing bowl beat shortening, vanilla, and almond extract with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add 2 cups of the powdered sugar, beating well. Add 2 tablespoons of the milk. Gradually beat in remaining powdered sugar. Gradually add milk until frosting reaches a spreading consistency. Makes about 3 cups.
Nutrition Facts (Baby Bib Cupcakes)
- Per serving:
- 553 kcal cal.,
- 23 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 8 g monounsatured fat),
- 56 mg chol.,
- 327 mg sodium,
- 85 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 67 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet