- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3 pounds ground pork
- 2 cups chopped onions (2 large)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped*
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons snipped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 recipe Mojo Sauce
- 24 sliders or mini buns, split
- 1/4 cup yellow or coarse-ground mustard
- 12 slices country ham, halved
- 12 slices Swiss or provolone cheese, halved
- Cornichons or pickles (optional)
1. In a large skillet cook ground pork, onions, garlic, and jalapeno peppers over medium-high heat until meat is brown and onions are tender, using a wooden spoon to break up meat as it cooks. Drain off fat.
2. In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine meat mixture, broth, thyme, cumin, coriander, salt, and black pepper.
3. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours. Stir Mojo Sauce into meat mixture in the slow cooker.
4. To serve, spread cut sides of each bun with mustard. Top bun bottoms with one-half slice ham and one-half slice cheese. Use a slotted spoon to spoon meat mixture on top of cheese slices. Cover with bun tops. If desired, garnish each slider with a cornichons.
- Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.