Cuban Sandwiches with Dilled Cucumbers
- In a small bowl combine dry mustard, cumin, and black pepper. Trim fat from roast. If necessary, cut roast to fit in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle roast evenly with dry mustard mixture. Place roast in cooker. Add the water to cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 4-1/2 hours. Meanwhile, prepare Dilled Cucumbers. If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Add sweet peppers and banana peppers to slow cooker. Cover and cook for 30 minutes more.
- Remove pork from cooker. Using two forks, coarsely shred pork. Stir pork into the cooking liquid in cooker.
- Spread yellow mustard over split sides of ciabatta buns. Using a slotted spoon, divide pork among bun halves. Place ham over pork. Using a slotted spoon, remove peppers from cooker and spoon over ham. Using a slotted spoon, spoon Dilled Cucumbers onto sandwiches. If desired, drizzle some of the cucumber liquid over the sandwiches.
- In a large bowl whisk together vinegar, mayonnaise, dill, and salt. Thinly slice cucumbers; add to mayonnaise mixture with the red onion slivers. Toss to coat. Cover and chill for 2 to 4 hours before serving. Makes about 4 cups.
Nutrition Facts (Cuban Sandwiches with Dilled Cucumbers)
- Per serving:
- 294 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 72 mg chol.,
- 498 mg sodium,
- 25 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 28 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet