Crustless Spinach-and-Mushroom Quiche
Disposable slow cooker liner
Nonstick cooking spray
10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
tablespoon olive oil
cups coarsely chopped portobello mushrooms
cup chopped red sweet pepper (1 small)
cups shredded Gruyere cheese or Swiss cheese (6 ounces)
cups half-and-half or whole milk
tablespoons snipped fresh chives
teaspoon ground black pepper
cup packaged biscuit mix
- Line a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with disposable slow cooker liner; coat liner with cooking spray. Using clean paper towels, press spinach to remove as much liquid as possible; set aside.
- In a medium skillet cook bacon until crisp; drain, crumble, and set aside. Discard drippings. In same skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and sweet pepper; cook and stir until tender. Stir in spinach and cheese.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, half-and-half, chives, salt, and black pepper. Stir egg mixture into spinach mixture in skillet. Gently fold in biscuit mix. Pour egg mixture into prepared slow cooker. Sprinkle with bacon.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Turn off cooker. If possible, remove crockery liner from cooker. Cool for 15 to 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts(Crustless Spinach-and-Mushroom Quiche)
- Per serving:
- 431 kcal cal.,
- 31 g fat
- (15 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 11 g monounsatured fat),
- 349 mg chol.,
- 699 mg sodium,
- 15 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 25 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet